Take a guided hike to the mysterious Deep Hole at Lower Myakka Lake in the park’s wilderness preserve. The area is usually one of the best places in the park to view eagles, wading birds like roseate spoonbills and sandhill cranes, ducks, shorebirds, and alligators. This is a 5-mile hike through moderately rough terrain, on sandy soils and along the lakeshore.
- Reservations Required for scheduled hikes – Limit 6 participants per scheduled trip.
- Suggested donation for guided hike: $20 per person (Park entrance fees will not be charged.)
- Months: December thru April
- Times: 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon
- Scheduled Hike Dates: the hikes are scheduled for the first and third Wednesdays of every month December through April.
- January 17th, 2018
- February 7th, 2018
- February 21st, 2018
- March 7th, 2018
- March 21st, 2018
- April 4th, 2018
- April 18th, 2018
Here is the sign up link:
This exclusive trip is sponsored by Friends of Myakka River. Your fee/donation will be used to help care for the park and river.